Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mashala Egg / Egg Kosha


Saturday Mornings are a time of great relaxation for me. Here there are whole 48 hours given to me , to be used as I wish and that puts a lot of pressure on me.Because I starts thinking how can I utilise my 48 hours.

With such lofty ideas in mind I go to bed late on Friday. I just while away browsing the TV or laptop, justifying the "me time". Naturally I am not shining bright and happy when Saturday dawns.

I get up late and then I hyperventilate. I draw up lists, I draw one for the hub too, dividing up the chores to be finished which eventually means I can take a nap.

By the time I start cutting n chopping veggies, it is 10 and my husband still sleeps. No breakfast has been made, myself has been fed only tea and buiscuits and the house looks like a scene of volcanic eruption. In between all these he wakes up and  switch on the TV and tries to watch something.No meat and fish in refrigerator and no question of  bazar  (market) on saturday for husband,I pan to try out Egg.

A year back I was not interested in cooking, at all. I never even dreamt that cooking could actually be therapeutic. Now eating was another genre altogether, that I loved. I sincerely believed Eating good is therapeutic.

It is not that I didn't know how to cook, I knew the basic dal, bhaat, macher jhol and also noodles and chili chicken.And I knew Egg Kosha.

I started cooking after marraige, once I moved out to Kolkata ,I tried cooking.And now I think its in my blood which helps me a lot.

Today I will share my  Egg Kosha/Mashala Egg receipe.

What You need 
Egg ~ 4 boiled
Green Chillies ~ 2-3 slit

Ginger ~ 1/2 inch ,grated
Garlic~2-3 cloves
Onion~ 1 large one
Tomato ~ 1 diced
Corriander leaves
Salt
Oil  
Turmeric~pinch
Red Chilli Powder~ 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder ~ 1tsp
Corriander Powder ~1tsp

How I do it
Finely chop 1-2 onions, 1-2 garlic cloves, grate ginger.Now make a paste of them.


Heat Oil in a deep bottomed pan/ Kadai
 
Add the onions,When onions  are well fired add garlic and ginger. Also add the spices -  1/2 tsp chili powder,cumin powder,corriander powder and 1 tsp salt.Mix well n saute.
Add the chopped tomatoes, a pinch of turmeric, little salt and saute them. Then cover and cook the tomatoes at low heat. The juicy tomatoes will release a lot of liquid and will cook in their own juice. Every minute or so, remove the lid and give a good stirAdd diced tomatoes .One can also use tomato sauce/puree. 
Now add boiled egg.My advice is to cut 2 eggs half for better taste.Add about 1/4-1/2 cup of water and cook for a few more minutes.Sprinkle garam Mashala.Mix well in low heat.
Add some fresh corriander leaves.
Serve with Roti/Rice or Paratha.




No comments:

Post a Comment